If you see signs of deterioration on your exterior stone or brickwork, it may be time to call in the tuckpointing experts. Voytec Tuckpointing Contractors in Chicago can restore your exterior to its former glory. Tuckpointing is the removal and replacement of the old mortar between your brick or stonework. Generally, the mortar will last about 25 years before it needs restoring. You can check the state of your mortar by looking for cracks and missing pieces of concrete.
Masonry stonework has been around for hundreds of years, and not all tuckpointing contractors are equal. A skilled and experienced tuckpointing contractor will be able to match your existing mortar’s color and texture so that it blends perfectly with your current masonry work.
Allowing moisture to penetrate your exterior will eventually weaken the brick or stonework around your house and chimney, which in turn can create internal structural damage to your investment.
The benefits of tuckpointing are many:
- It stops exterior corrosion and deterioration.
- Tuckpointing extends the life of your chimney and exterior facade.
- Tuckpointing done promptly will save money and time and avoid complete rebuilding.
- Tuckpointing protects your building from moisture damage which can cause wood rot, mildew, and mold into your interior structure.
- Tuckpointing restores the original beauty of your building and chimney.
- The value and curb appeal of your building will escalate.
Voytec Tuckpointing Contractors in Chicago are skilled professionals with many years of experience in the industry. If you are not sure about the state of your mortar, one of our experts can come by and give you an evaluation and suggest some remedial actions to increase the performance of your masonry work and protect your building for years to come.